Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with keeping and/or sharing given content on a server run by a hosting company. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a look at these. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to have a weblog, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular file storage providers, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are often supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally twisted interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between separate hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given providers offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a big quantity of pictures with chums or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail addresses. Some firms offer site hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you desire to own a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to run as many video files as you want without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a website. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At DSF Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular content only.